Series Rules & Prizes
2012 series rules
Series points will be tallied based on the following categories:
- Pro 1/2/3 men- Riders holding USAC Category 1, 2, 3, licences.
- Women- Open to all women with USAC licenses.
- 3/4 Men- Riders holding USAC Category 3 and 4 licenses. (no one-day licenses)
- Masters 35+ Men – Riders with a CX racing age of 35 or more holding Category 1-3 licenses.
- Masters 45+ Men- Riders with a CX racing age of 45 or more holding Category 1-3 licenses.
- Masters 55+ Men – Riders with a CX racing age of 55 or more holding Category 1-3 licenses.
- Cat 4 Women- Women holding category 4 USAC licenses
- Junior Boy- Boys U19
- Junior Girls-Girls U19
- Cub Juniors- juniors 10-14
- Single Speed Men
14th and lower-2
(note that all riders who finish a race receive at least 2 points for the series).
Note – there is no minimum number of races riders must compete in for the series, but there is also no “lowest score dropped” or “best 6 of 7″ or any other rule like that. In other words, the points series favors those who race every race. Show up, score points, have fun. If you can’t make every race, score lots of points in the ones you do make!
Elite Men: $700 total. 1st Place = $385, 2nd Place = $210, 3rd Place = $105
Elite Women: $350 total. 1st Place = $193, 2nd Place = $105, 3rd Place = $52
(We would love to be able to pay equal prize money to men and women but are desperately in need of a sponsor to help make that happen. Interested? Email me using the contact form below).
All other categories race for bragging rights.
- 1. Ties will be broken based on placing in the final race.
- 2. If this does not settle the tie, the tie will be broken by a single round of rock-paper-scissors.
Questions regarding rules and scoring? Email us using the form below.