2013 NYCROSS.com Beginner Cyclocross Clinic.
Great clinic for first timer cross racers! The clinic will cover a wide range of skills and topics needed for cross racing including:
- Proper technique for:
- rapidly dismounting your bike at barriers
- remounting your bike
- shouldering your bike at run ups
- high speed cornering on grass, mud and other surfaces
- sand pits
- short steep hills
- long, lung busting run ups
- Training methods for cross including:
- skill building drills
- weekly workout regimines for building speed on a cross course
- mental preparation and race tactics
- warming up for a cross race
- proper nutrition and hydration while racing cross
- Bike set up:
- Tubulars vs. Clinchers
- How many gears?
- light vs. strong. vs cheap parts
- fit suggestions
The clinic will run from 10:00 am until 1pm and be divided into a short question and answer period, drills developing individual cross skills, a short mock race where students will have the opportunity to link the individual skills they’ve learned together on a short cross course, and a final Q&A period.
Spots are limited so register today!
- From the North/South: I-787 to Exit 9E. East on off ramp towards Troy (RT 7). Travel East on RT 7 to Troy, entering Troy, make a right onto Eighth Street at the light at the end of the RT 7 Bridge. Follow Eighth Street to its end and make a left onto Congress Street. Prospect Park is on your right, .3 miles after the intersection of Eighth and Congress.
- From the West: RT 7 east to Troy, follow directions above.
- From Vermont: RT 7 West towards Troy. Left on Woodlawn Ct (Rt 133). Right on RT 2. Follow RT 2 to Troy. RT 2 becomes Congress St at the intersection of Pawling Ave. and RT 2 in Troy. Stay on RT 2/Congress St, Prospect Park is on your left, .5 miles from the intersection of RT 2 and Pawling Ave.
- From Mass.: Take RT 2 out of Willimastown, to Troy. Follow instructions above.
- From CT:
I-90 west to I-87. I-87 North to Exit 23 for I-787. Follow directions above for from the South.
Contact: Chuck Quackenbush at firstname.lastname@example.org
* This clinic is targeted at beginners. Discussion and drills will be structured for first timers. Experienced cross racers are welcome to try and unlearn the bad habits and brush up on skills too!
** Riders must have a USA Cycling license for insurance purposes. One day licenses are available for $5.
The wait is over! The 2013 NYCROSS.com Presented by VOMax race schedule has been finalized and it is a doozy this year. We are pleased to have added two additional events to the series, in addition to our skills clinic and brand-new grass criterium series.
Sept. 7: NYCROSS.com Cyclocross Skills Clinic, Prospect Park, Troy
Sept. 15: Kirkland CX, Kirkland, NY
Sept. 22: Adirondack Cyclocross, Johnstown, NY
Oct. 12 & 13: Uncle Sam GP in Troy, NY
Oct. 20: SpaCX in Saratoga, NY
Oct. 27: Wicked Creepy in Bennington, VT
Nov. 2: Syracuse CX
Nov. 10: Bethlehem Cup, Elm Ave. Park, Bethlehem, NY
In addition to the regular slate of NYCROSS races, we’re hosting a fundraiser event to support our development teams (elite men and women and juniors): a “Thursday Night Lights” grass crit series in Prospect Park in Troy on August 29, Sept. 5, and 12. More info on this crazy and sure-to-be-fun event later this week.
On Saturday, August 25, Team NYCROSS.com welcomes you to the 2012 NYCROSS cyclocross skills clinic. Our six hour program is oriented toward beginner and intermediate crossers but is also a good resource for experienced road racers venturing into a new specialty.
Instruction will be provided by experienced members of Team NYCROSS. Riders will be divided into groups and will rotate through a series of presentations on cyclocross techniques such as dismounting/remounting, shouldering/carrying, barriers, cornering. At the end of the day, participants will test out their new knowledge on a marked course.
On-site tech support: provided by High Adventure Ski & Bike, http://www.highadventuresbp.com.
Clothing & equipment: Helmet required. Bib shorts recommended – don’t wear anything that might snag on the back of your saddle during a remount. If you don’t have a cross bike available, a mountain bike will get it done. If you are putting cross tires on a road bike, be sure to have mtb pedals & shoes.
Licenses: participants must present a current USAC license or purchase a $5 non-competitive license on site.
Directions: Troy Prospect Park is located at 65 Prospect Park Road, Troy, NY 12180.
It is the traditional venue for the NYCROSS Uncle Sam cyclocross race, October 13 & 14.
The program will begin at 9:00 a.m. Please arrive early to attend to registration, etc.
REGISTER NOW ONLINE HERE! ===> https://www.bikereg.com/Net/17037